About school

Q1: Where is the school?

A1: It is located in Kawagoe, Saitama Prefecture, Japan. And there is the famous Koedo Kawagoe sightseeing spot nearby. It is safe and a great place to study.

Q2: How is the traffic situation?

A2:  Kawagoe Station, where the school is located, is served by the Tobu-Tojo Line, JR, etc., and is easily accessible from any area.

Q3: Where are your main destinations?

A3:  Seigakuin University, Japan College of Foreign Languages, Central Information College, Kanto Institute of Technology, Tokyo International Academy Foreign Language College, Sudai Travel & Hotel College, CAD Drafting College, International Information Economics College, etc.

Q4: Can I get a job after graduating from International Bridge Academy?

A4:  Yes, you can. Our school is a Japanese language school for those who want to play an active role in Japanese companies.
Through regular personal interviews, we support job hunting that suits the individual.

Q5: Is there a self-study room?

A5:  Yes. Weekdays 9 : 00 ~ 18 : 00 until you can use.

Q6: Do you have a school dormitory?

A6:  Yes, there is. It is recommended that you enter the dormitory as people from the same school can help each other if they live together.

Q7: Please tell me about the admission period and study period.

A7:  4 May, 10 enrolled in January, 2 -year course and 1 year 6 there is a January course. If you can afford it, you can extend it, but you can stay for up to 2 years.

Q8: Is it possible to transfer from another Japanese language school to our school or from our school to another Japanese language school?

A8: In  principle, it is not possible.

Q9: How much is the entrance fee and tuition fee?

A9:  entrance fee is 5 yen, because tuition varies depending on the course period, this HP refer to the application guidelines of Admissions of. Other fees include facility maintenance fees for all courses.

Q10: Is there a tuition reduction / exemption system?

A10: As a general rule, there is no exemption system at the time of admission.

Q11: Is it possible to pay the tuition fee in installments?

A11: For long-term courses of one year or more, it is possible to pay in installments every six months.

Q12: Can I get a refund for tuition and facility fees if I drop out of school on the way?

A12:  If it is before the start of the semester, we will refund according to our refund policy.

Q13: Are there any school scholarships?

A13:  Yes, there is. Your grades and attendance rate will be the criteria for your judgment, so please do your best to study and aim for the benefits.

Q14: I have a hard time living, so I would like a scholarship.

A14: If you look patiently, there are relatively many scholarships in Japan. Scholarship information will also be posted on our school bulletin board, so it is important to keep track of scholarship information, find a scholarship that meets your requirements, and make an effort to apply as many times as you like without giving up.

About students

Q1: How about the age group of students?

A1:  Most of the students are in their 20s.

Q2: What kind of student visa do I have?

A2:  Most students have a student visa.

Q3: Which country does the International Bridge Academy have students in?

A3:  Currently, students from Vietnam and the Philippines are enrolled.
International Bridge Academy does not matter the nationality of the student. Students from all countries are welcome.

Q4: How many people are there in one class?

A4: It depends on the class, but it is about 15 to 20 people.

Q5: How much is the monthly living expenses of international students?

A5:  International students have been saving well in the self-catering, but a month on average 8 ten thousand -10 It is said that using the yen around. (Food expenses 30,000 yen, housing expenses 25,000 yen / person, utilities expenses 10,000 yen, communication expenses 10,000 yen, entertainment expenses 10,000 yen, miscellaneous expenses 10,000 yen, transportation expenses  10,000 yen)

About class

Q1: Do you have classes every day?

A1:  Monday to Friday. Closed on Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays. In addition, long vacations are “spring, summer, autumn, and winter vacations” four times a year.

Q2: What time is the class time?

A2:  Class hours vary depending on the course. Morning class is 9 : 00 ~ 12 : 30 , afternoon classes 13 : 3 0~ 17 : 00 ‘s.

Q3: What is a full-time school?

A3: Our school is a half-day system in the morning or afternoon. However, it is possible to study all day according to the student’s request. Compared to other schools, it takes more time to study, so even beginners can steadily improve their Japanese proficiency.

Q4: How is the class decided?

A4: A placement test will be conducted at the time of admission. We will make a comprehensive judgment based on a written test and an interview.

Q5: In what language is the class conducted (I am not good at English, can I learn Japanese)?

A5:  Yes, I teach Japanese all in Japanese. Rest assured that a well-trained instructor will guide you. Even those who are not good at English can learn Japanese in two years. Let’s learn together.

Q6: What do you use for text?

A6: The main text is as follows. Beginner: “Minna no Nihongo Elementary I / II (3A Network)”, Beginner / Intermediate: “Let’s go to Intermediate” (3A Network), Intermediate: “Learn Japanese” (Specialized Education Publishing), Advanced: ” We also use teaching materials such as grammar, kanji / vocabulary, listening comprehension, and composition as supplementary teaching materials such as “Japanese from Intermediate to Advanced”.

Q7: I can't use kanji. Are you okay.

A7:  Beginner level kanji classes will be held. Let’s learn difficult kanji little by little.

Q8: How good are you at Japanese?

A8:  Many people who have learned seriously have passed either N1 or N2.

Q9: I'm worried because I don't understand Japanese well.

A9: The school has staff who can speak Chinese, Vietnamese and English, so if you have any problems, please feel free to contact us. It also deals with illnesses and accidents.

Q10: What is the Japanese Language Proficiency Test?

A10: This is an examination by the Japan Foundation and the Japan Educational Exchanges and Services Association to certify Japanese proficiency, and is abbreviated as JLPT . There are 5 levels, and N1 is the highest level. N3 is a level where you can say everything you want to say on a daily basis. N2 is a level that does not cause any inconvenience in conversation with Japanese people. N1 is a level where you can understand hard written words.

Q11: What is the Examination for Japanese University Admission for International Students?

A11:  It is abbreviated as EJU in the examination conducted by the Japan Student Services Organization (JASSO ) . We will evaluate your Japanese language ability and basic academic ability (general subjects, mathematics, science). Basically, all applicants for university entrance exams are required to take the examination.

Q12: Do you have an Examination for Japanese University Admission for International Students (EJU) preparation class?

A12:  We offer EJU (EJU ) preparation classes (free of charge) as needed.

Q13: What kind of study do you need to study to pass a famous university?

A13: It is necessary to get 350 points or more in the Japanese Language Proficiency Test N1 and the Japanese Language Examination of the Examination for Japanese University Admission for International Students. Remember 2000 kanji and always think in Japanese in your head. In addition, many famous universities have exams other than Japanese, such as English, general subjects, and mathematics.

Q14: What kind of person is your teacher?

A14:  All are Japanese. All of them are experienced and excellent teachers.

Q15: Please tell me a good school that is cheap, close and easy to enter.

A15: Cheap and easy schools are schools with a small number of lessons and lesson content. It’s a waste of time and money. I can’t get a job and will return home without learning anything.

About residence card

Q1: I received a residence card at the airport. Is there anything I can do after this?

A1:  Within 14 days after you have decided on your place of residence, you must bring your residence card and passport and report the place of residence at the municipal office of your place of residence.

Q2: I am enrolled in the one and a half year course, but my residence card will soon expire. What should i do?

A2:  You need to apply for renewal of the validity period of your residence card at the Immigration Bureau. Unless the attendance rate is poor, the school will apply for renewal. Please submit the documents by the designated date according to the instructions of the secretariat.

Q3: I lost my residence card. What should i do?

A3: If your residence card is lost, stolen or lost, apply for reissuance at the Immigration Bureau within 14 days from the day you learned the fact (or the day of re-entry if you learned about it overseas). Please give me. (Note) When applying, you will need a document to prove the facts instead of bringing your residence card.

Q4: A police officer stopped me and told me to show my residence card. Do I have to show it?

A4:  You need to carry your residence card with you at all times, and if you are asked to show it by an immigration inspector, police officer, etc., you need to show it.

About housing

Q1: What are security deposits and key money?

A1: The security deposit is a deposit. This will be returned after deducting the cleaning fee when you leave the room. Key money is a fee. It will not be returned.

Q2: Do I need a guarantor to find a room?

A2:  Yes, it is necessary. If you do not have relatives living in Japan, please use a guarantee company. In addition, some rooms cannot be rented by foreigners, so please check when looking for a room.

Q3: The walls of the apartment room are dirty, so I would like to paint it white. Can I do it?

A3: I can’t. If you refurbish it without permission, you will be charged a large amount of money when you leave.

Q4: I would like to live in an apartment with my friends.

A4:  No one other than the contracted person can live in a Japanese private dormitory. This is one of the social customs of Japan that is different from other countries. If you want to live with two people, you need to tell the real estate agent (landlord) from the beginning.

Q5: I put out the garbage in the designated place, but my neighbors got angry. I'm not convinced.

A5:  Maybe the day and time to put out the garbage was different. In each region of Japan, all the garbage generated by households is separated by a fixed method, and if you do not put it in a fixed place at a fixed date and time, the garbage truck will not collect it, so all the local residents will do that. You have to follow the rules. The days, times, and places where the sorted garbage is put out vary depending on the district. Combustible waste is 1 to week 2 about times, non-combustible garbage every month 1 times- 2 is usually times of recovery. Ask the dormitory manager, landlord, real estate agent, etc. about how to put out the garbage.

Q6: When I was chatting with my friends at night, the neighbors yelled at me as noisy. Isn't it personal freedom no matter what you do in the room?

A6: For foreign students, it is important for mental health that friends from the same country get together and have a bold discussion in their native language. However, remember that when the gathering is after 10 pm, it’s time for the people around you to sleep, and be careful to keep your voice quiet.

Q7: I have a bicycle that has been left in the same place all the time. I think it was abandoned, can I use this?

A7:  These bicycles are called “illegal parked bicycles”, and it is one of the problems that the government offices that manage the area have trouble with countermeasures. But don’t pick up and use those bikes. In Japan, bicycles are registered to prevent theft. When examined by a police officer, it turns out that the bicycle was picked up, and it becomes a “bicycle thief (theft crime ) “, and you may be deported.

Q8: I have moved. Is there anything I can do?

A8:  Within 14 days of moving, bring your residence card and submit a “Notice of Moving Out” to the window of the city, ward, town or village where you lived, and a “Notification of Moving In” to the window of the city, ward, town or village you are moving to. Please put out. Please also notify the school of the change of address. Please also go to the bank to change your address.

About part-time job

Q1: I have a hard time living, so I would like to work part-time.

A1: The status of residence of “College Student” is, in principle, a status of residence that is prohibited from working. However, if you receive permission for activities outside the status of qualification, you can work part-time 28 hours a week .

Q2: What conditions do international students have to work part-time and observe?

A2: Yes, the first condition is a total of 28 hours a week, even if you have multiple part-time jobs per week. You can work 40 hours a week during long vacations.
The second condition is that working in a sex business related industry is strictly prohibited.

Q3: How much is the hourly wage for a part-time job?

A3: It depends on the city, but it is about 1,000 yen.

About disaster

Q1: I hear that Japan is a country with many earthquakes. Is there anything I should be careful about?

A1: Don’t be afraid more than you need to. At our school, as part of the class, we will have a disaster prevention experience at the disaster prevention center. It is very important to get used to it on a daily basis by actually feeling it with your body, seeing it, and touching it.

Q2: I have a stomachache in the middle of the night. What should i do?

A2: This is how to call an ambulance. Call 119 by phone. When asked “Is it a fire or an emergency?”, Answer “It is an emergency”. Communicate the situation accurately. (When, who, where, what happened, what is the current state?) Tell us your location (address, prominent building, etc.), name, and phone number.
If you feel uneasy about calling yourself, please contact your school teacher. The teacher is available 24 hours a day.

Q3: I got into trouble. Who should I contact?

A3:  Please contact the Japanese Language School Secretariat first.

About insurance / pension enrollment

Q1: Do I have to take out National Health Insurance?

A1:  Yes. The National Health Insurance coverage is a right and an obligation for international students. When you go to the hospital, you need to pay the amount is 30% total hospital bills. Insurance fees vary depending on income and region. For international students, there are about 1,200 to 1,400 yen per month. Please note that the National Health Insurance Card has an expiration date and will not be covered unless the monthly premium is paid.

Q2: Do I have to join the national pension?

A2: People over the age of 20 are obliged to join even if they are international students. If you cannot pay, there is an exemption system called a student payment exception, so please go to the city hall and apply.

Q3: I am going to return to my country within 10 years…

A3: You may claim Lump-sum Withdrawal Payments when you go back to your home country. When you apply for the Payments, all your coverage periods in the past shall be used as the base to calculate your Payments amount. Once the Payments are entitled to you, these periods will no longer be valid periods in the future. On the other hand, you can also pay the pension while living overseas. For more details, see the website of Japan Pension Service.

日本年金機構(Japan Pension Service): http://www.nenkin.go.jp/international


Q1: Is attendance rate important?

A1:  Yes, it’s important. It is very important when you renew or change your visa, or when you enroll in a graduate school, university, vocational school, etc. Visa renewals and changes may not be accepted if the attendance rate is 90 % or less. Conversely, students with a good attendance rate may pass the university’s recommended entrance examination and receive a scholarship or tuition exemption at the university.
Our school has a rule of attendance rate of 90 % or more.

Q2: I would like to return to my home country during a long vacation. Is there anything I can do?

A2:  If you wish to return to Japan temporarily, please follow the procedure for “deemed re-entry permit”. Re-entry is stipulated within one year or within the period of stay.

Contact Information

Name (ja) 国際ブリッジ学院
Name (en) International Bridge Academy
Address 1-2273-7 Kotobukicho, Kawagoe, Saitama, 350-1116 JAPAN
TEL +81-49-293-6183
FAX +81-49-293-6182
Mail info@ibacademy.com

Contact form